Prayer

I am a total believer in the power of prayer. When Roman was sick, friends and family prayed for him. We felt so loved to know that so many people were calling upon the powers of Heaven on our part. Roman is now 16 months old and doing really well. We are so grateful and feel very blessed. I know that Heavenly Father could have completely healed Roman; however, he chooses a different plan for us. We have come so much closer as a family because of this. We have drawn closer to the lord. Prayer guided the Doctor to have steady hands and to know what he should do in Roman's case. Thinking about this experience brings tears to my eyes. It also reminded me of another experience I had with the power of prayer when Frank and I first got married. About two months after we were married, Frank was hit by a car on his way to teach at the school. He was riding his bike. I was working at the time. I remember when he called me and told me to meet him at the hospital. I was scared. He had dislocated his shoulder and thought he had fractured his hip. They drugged him up for pain. I didn't know what to do. I didn't have any family members to call and give him a blessing. They began talking about surgery. It was his hip. The shoulder could be set no problem, but they couldn't fix his hip without surgery. He couldn't go into surgery without a blessing. I called our good friend Mike. It was three in the morning. He came immediately and gave Frank a blessing. Shortly afterward they took Frank to x-ray again to get more pictures. They couldn't find anything this time. The fracture was gone. I know the power of prayer healed him. He didn't have time to be out of school. He was working on his PH.D. and had he had to have surgery it would have put him back tremendously. I was working full time to support us and wouldn't have been able to take off to care for him without losing my job.

Winston's Testimony age 6
I love the Savior because he helps me. I like to go to Church because I like to play the games in sharing time. I like that the Savior gave Joseph Smith the restored gospel because then I can live with my family forever. I am glad that the Savior died for me so that I can live with Heavenly Father again. I know that Heavenly Father is real. I am grateful that the missionaries who taught my mom and dad so that we can all go to church together. In the name of Jesus Christ-Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts