Green





Seattle does not get it's name The Emerald City for nothing, it is truly green all year round   When my husband and I lived in Seattle we lived in an area of town called Green Lake.  Green Lake is a fantastic green space with a park and a trail that you can walk along the lake just minutes from downtown Seattle.  We were truly blessed to live in such an amazing location and just let me tell you rents in the area are not cheap, but when we were searching for an apartment to move into we met a fellow German who took pity on us and gave us an apartment way below market value  Now if I told you we only paid $600 dollars a month  you might not think that to be cheap, but it was because apartments in the area went way over a $1,000 dollars a month.   Many evenings were spent walking around Green Lake as a newly married couple and as a family after our first son Harris was born.  It was only fitting that I brought Addy to visit Green Lake and while we no longer live in Seattle I will never forget all the wonderful memories it holds for me.  On this visit we enjoyed a picnic with friends.  Green Lake is truly a gem in the Emerald City.

Comments

Theresa said…
It is a wonderful thing to go back and visit places you once lived. We did the same thing this past summer. I have never even been to Seattle. It is on my list of places I want to visit.
Di said…
Sounds like a lovely place to have started married and family life!
Paula said…
You look happy there! :)
Unknown said…
Love all your Seattle pictures! Looks like a fun trip.
Francesca said…
I don't remember much green from my two trips to Seattle, but I do remember the blue-gray water!

Popular Posts