The Calm Before the Storm and What I Read This Summer

The house is quiet.  Addy is taking a nap and all the boys are at school.  I should be doing something, but I don't feel like it!  I just want to relax if one can do that while waiting for the  microwave repair guy.  Our microwave has been broken for over a week.  One guy came to fix it, but left and said he had no clue what is wrong with it!  We had a busy morning.  Addy attended her first music class called Kindermusik.  She loved it!  Afterwards, we did some shopping. Tomorrow, we are attending the 75th birthday party for my friend Yvette's mother Miss Joy, so I bought her a really nice candle.  The house is clean.  It smells so good.  Now I am going to sit down and drink my mint tea, eat my blueberry muffin, and curl up on the couch and read a book titled The Thread by Victoria Hislop.  The book is set in Greece.  I wouldn't mind being in Greece today.  It is so cloudy and has been raining for days.  I can't believe our summer.  I feel like we haven't had one with the weather we have been having.

Have you read any good books lately?  While I was on the cruise back in July, I read Call the Midwife, And the Mountains Echoed, The Marseille Caper, and The Incident of the Dog in the Night.  I loved the last book.  It was so funny!  Well, I am off to read my book before the boys come home.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Comments

Sounds like a perfect day! I was just recommended one called Me before you...gonna download it tonight I'll let you know how it is. Have a great weekend!
Does sound like a nice day! Ah, Kindermusik - brings back great memories - all of my girls took those classes - we loved them! We had a wonderful "Southern" teacher called Miss Rene..she was super with the kids!

As far as books - I love Tatiana de Rosnay & Kristin Hannah as authors - love anything I can get my hands on by them. A new fun author - lighter reads - but great for summer is Juliette Sobanet. Fun mystery, romance. Hope you enjoyed your day!
Ah I love that quiet time when you can actually think a whole thought without being interrupted!!

Summer is still going strong here and I am relishing every minute as I know those long grey days of Portland rain will soon be here and the fall and winter will stretch far into next year!

I also read the Incident with the Dog in the Night a few years back and it was great. I just can't seem to get into a book these days. Seems like there's not enough hours in the day. I might have to pick up The Thread though - I've had many vacations in Greece over the years and would love to be transported back to those beautiful islands, white buildings and blue ocean.

Have a fun weekend the the 75th birthday celebration.
x
Unknown said…
I'll have to check those books out....I just finished one and have been wondering what to read next.
tinajo said…
I always love book tips! :-)

http://tinajoathome.com/
Francesca said…
we just watched "Bleak House" (BBC), and I'm now reading and enjoying the book.
LOVE reading what other's are reading!!! XO

Popular Posts