Monday


The house is quiet!  It is wonderful. Only the occasional clunk of an ice cube dropping into the tray followed by the spray of more water into the tray that forms the cube can be heard from the refrigerator door.  Today went so smoothly!  So until Monday!  Who am I to complain.  I got so much done today.  I was able to go through all the paperwork that is sent home the first couple weeks of school, do a couple loads of laundry, clean out my e-mail box, go grocery shopping, order a family photo for the girls preschool classes, help Roman with his multiplication homework, and so on and so on!  This weekend I went to a woman's retreat through my church.  It was so much fun!  There was a panel discussion on parenting which was wonderful to get tips from older more experience mom followed by lots and a lot of talking with each other, and dinner.  The location where we stayed had a built-in wood fire pizza grill.  I brought a couple salads to share with my friends.  One being the quinoa curry salad I made last week and a new one adapted from a David Liebowitz. So healthy, So fresh, and I could probably eat this salad every day.

Cucumber, Tomato, Corn, Avocado, and Chicken Salad

1 chicken breast on the bone with skin on covered in salt, pepper, and olive oil roasted at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooled.  Once cooled remove the chicken from its bone and cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.

2 cucumbers peeled and cut into bite-size pieces.
1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
2 avocados cut into bite-size pieces and then dipped into lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
1/2 a bag of frozen yellow-white corn niblets defrosted
1 cup of chopped basil

dressing
1/3 cup of olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt
4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
whisk together until combined.

The salad needs to be dressed shortly before serving.  Dressing to early will make ingredients weak. Enjoy!  You will not leave feeling guilty by eating this salad. So simple, so fresh, so delicious. I hope you have a good week!  We are gearing up for the holiday weekend.  Frank and the bigs are going diving and I am holding down the fort.  I am also scheduled to shoot a baby with his grandparents who have come all the way from France to meet him for the first time.

Comments

NCSue said…
This looks marvelous - I will have to give it a try.
Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/strange-visitors-in-garden.html
fredamans said…
Looks like a delicious salad! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Francesca said…
what a nice feeling to be able to get things done! sounds like you have a wonderful community through your church - how lucky!

Popular Posts